Thursday, July 3, 2014

Weekend Recap...on a Thursday

Happy Thursday!


Here's my weekend recap...on a Thursday because that's how I roll!


How is your week going?  Mine es tres bonne!  I've been on two interviews this week-fingers crossed, planned vacations, finished The Rosie Project (highly recommended) and The One and Only arrived on Tuesday.  I'm a happy snowman again!  Yesterday was a midweek pick me up in the form of a Girls' Lunch with Jess.  I finally got my Greek salad fix.  ALSO, on the salad note--Wegman's has a pear salad now!  Muy bien!  Made my Tuesday night so.much.better!

This weekend we don't really have solid plans plans.  A town nearby has a fabulous 4th of July parade and we go every year.  I also get my one and only cherry Snow Cone!  It tastes like I'm 5 years old again. When we were little my Mom-Mom would give Dylan and I both $1.25 to buy our frozen treat.  Now they're a leetle more pricey but still as great as I remember.

After the parade we head over to one of our family member's houses for a 4th of July party.  Saturday we have another family party and the Philly fireworks.  They always promise to be a great time!  We stay on the Jersey side of the bridge at watch from the Aquarium.

So this past weekend was fabulous!  I had a Thursday night movie night with Kate.  We saw 22 Jump Street it was predictable and hilarious.  If you are offended by crass humor than don't go to this.  I'm not  offended by dirty jokes (I secretly love them) and any time I get to watch Channy kick some bootay in NOLA I'm a happy girl!

Friday was a Girls' Nite with Jess.  We went to a local bar for about 20 minutes (ate Fried Eggplant...bueno!) and then looked at each other with eyes that communicate Cheesecake Factory?  So we peaced and went to consume the best food ever!  I had the S'mores.  Jess had peanut butter cup cheesecake.  My only complaint ever about Cheesecake Factory is that the tables are too close.  We always end up on someone else's date.  The tables are about 2 inches apart from each other and you begin to flirt with social norms just out of close proximity.  When the couple next to you begins talking about a subject you begin to listen and then you wonder if you should contribute to their convo.  It seems almost as rude to NOT participate (because you are definitely within the conversational sphere) as it would be TO participate.  The things that keep me up at night.


S'mores!!!

The flowers matched Jess' dress!


Saturday night I went to a party at my Pilates instructor's house.  It was fabulous!

Sunday we had a luau themed family party for my great aunt.

Luau themed punch! 


***Disclaimer*** none of my family members know how we are related.  We know the cousins, grandmas, aunts, uncles, but after that?  No clue!  We don't know how to calculate once removed, twice removed, in-lawed...whatever we're all family!  If they are older than me by 30 years than they are an aunt or uncle.  If they fall within 30 years of me they are my cousins.  We just say we're all family.

The party was so much fun and it was nice to meet some relative that I have never met before and to catch up with family.  I always love family gatherings.  There's something so nice about not being judged and it's so nice to be fully accepted by people.  I love my family!

Mama, the birthday girl, and me!  Deb and I went all out in our luau themed garb.

I also found out that my long distance relatives read my bloggy!  Hi all!  Greetings from NJ!  Thanks for the support!  Love you all!


On the 3 hour trip home from PA this little joy nugget came on the radio!  Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You came on!  Deb and I jammed pretty hard core!  Other drivers were looking at us with faces that can only be assumed to convey the emotion of jealousy!



The trip was bueno and I'm looking forward to this weekend!  4th of July festivities can't come soon enough!

xoxo,

Er







No comments:

Post a Comment