Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How To Cut A Pineapple

Hello!

Happy Thursday!

This was initially supposed to be for Tuesday but I was working so it had to wait. 

Monday is one of my favorite days of the week. Why would anyone love Monday you ask?

The reason is 3 fold (if you didn't just imagine Chandler sticking his 3 fingers up from the box, I don't know if we can be friends anymore...)

1) I love the idea that it's a new week with new adventures. We get to start fresh. Also, Monday's during the school year mean that I get to see my kiddos and work which is one of my fave things to do)

2) Zumba! Don't get me wrong, Monday's can be wonky so nothing sets me right quite like a good booty shake. 

3) Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise is inevitably on!  My love for the franchise stems back to my childhood. I have the finest memories of being 8 years old (I know that's probably too young...but the show was different back then) and watching with my Mom-Mom. We'd discuss at great depth the compatibility of the people and just enjoy each other's company. Such good memories. 


When my Mom-Mom died I continued to watch the franchise. Eventually, I met fellow awesome people who also loved (or were forced to watch because they lived with me in college-cough Ra cough) the show. Cait and I started watching it together in high school and would text or fb message through it in college. I also may or may not have told a guy I was dating in college that I had class Monday's from 8-10 so I could watch it without having him interrupt my text time. This show holds a very special place in my heart for all of these reasons. 

Jess has since joined our group and we've made it a Monday night tradition to cook, drink wine, and watch the show together. Deb has been dropped her judgmental nature and began watching whole heartedly with us. 

Well, Monday began BIP!  This is one of my favorite versions of the franchise because it actually works. Hello Blake and Holly! Hello Lacy and Marcus! Hello Michelle and Cody!  Ok the last couple isn't married, but I'm holding out hope for them!  

To keep with the Mexico theme we had this:

So freaking good! If you read my WIAW post you know the deal on this meal. If not here are the deets:

-Jen's chicken salsa recipe
-About 2/3 avacado
-1/4 c brown rice

Sides were a small green salad courtesy of Jess and grilled pineapple and peaches courtesy of dad. 

All were amazing! Next time I'll probably not use as much water in the crock pot. I'm always afraid I'll burn the food if I don't use enough water. 

Finally, drinks were provided by Cait. 

Miscast punch with fresh raspberries and strawberries. 

While preparing for the meal du jour, I experimented with cutting a pineapple. Usually I buy precut pineapple, but today I figured I'd save a few bucks and cut it myself. BIG MISTAKE! HUGE!

Took me so long. Plus I had no idea how to cut it. I should have asked Pinterest or YouTube for guidance but I was already elbow deep in pineapple so I rolled with it. 



Attempting! PS I'm not naked here under my apron, I was laying out when I realized that I hadn't cut anything for dinner and grilling. 


I had a little fun with this pineapple hat. 

Anyway, who are you loving this season?

Ashley and her sister are hilarious together. I feel like they need their own VH1 show. 

Ashely S is great! Dan better not break her pomegranate and onion loving soul. 

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

E



No comments:

Post a Comment