Thursday, July 23, 2015

Weekend Recap (On Thursday)

Happy Thursday!

Sorry for the delay, but today is a weekend recap 4 days out.  I'd apologize, but it's usually so much better when the recap is delayed because it means that the posts will be more interesting, right, right, right?  I hope so!

Ok, this weekend was a busy one.  Just the way I like them.

On Friday, Deb and I went to OCNJ to for a fun beach day.






It was the perfect weather for the beach--sunny, mid 80s, and not a cloud in the sky.






Planking on the beach.







Whenever we go beaching, one of my favorite things to do is to walk along the shoreline.  I like to walk right where the water meets the sand.  It's so relaxing and a great way to sneak in a little vacay exercise.






I had grilled shrimps for lunch--followed by copious amounts of s'mores fudge from Shriner's.


                 



On the way home from the shore, we stopped at Cheesecake Factory for some turkey burgers.




Saturday was busy like always.  It started with a long gym session full of Zumba, Spin, weights, and Pilates.

Saturday night the girls and I went to the Phillies game to watch them play against the Marlins.  AND WE WON 3-1!




I made turkey burger salad aka turkey burger with cheese (no bun) then tomatoes, lettuce, and pickles. I also squeezed a little BBQ sauce on it.






Sunday was spent at the beach again.  This time we went to my cousin's birthday party on LBI.






 I love family parties (especially when they are at the beach) because they are full of food, fun, all the people I love.  My family from the midwest came in for the event, too.  I got to meet a few of my new baby cousins.  I also love playing with my little cousins and seeing them play and splash in the ocean reminds me of playing with my cousins in the shore 20 years ago.  It's always fun to sea the ocean and beach through their eyes.





I was swimming with my 6 year old cousin and all of a sudden I was pinched by a crab!  I screamed like a baby (My mind initially (and logically) went to shark attack) and I think I scared her.  She was like, "Erin, let's go back to the shore…now."  I was cracking up.  I apologized to her mom for scarring her for life.




Doesn't the beach always have the perfect sunset?

Sunday night, Deb made flip flop cookies for her birthday at work!

Jealous Pinterest?!




 For the beach party at LBI, I made Paleo Zucchini Chocolate Chip bread.





Turned out pretty good!

I hope you have a great day!!  I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of the week's happenings.  


-E



No comments:

Post a Comment