Tuesday, October 7, 2014

If I Could Write a Letter to Me...

and send it forward in time to when I'll be 33...if you don't know that that is Brad Paisley, I don't know if we can be friends.

Anyway, today on the October blog challenge that I have been failing hard at, the topic is if I could write a letter to myself to be read in 10 years what would it say?  I thought this was a really cool idea.  So here goes

source

(Just wanna make sure the 33 year old heart is still a tickin!  JK I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old :))

Hey, Dr. girl, how was work?  Do you still get there as the sun comes up?  (Yes, I plan to pepper my 33 year old self with questions ;)  Gotta keep the old lady sharp!) What are you teaching now?  Do you still feel like Dori...Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming?  Or do you have a solid handle on things now?  What is it like knowing that you are married to this stud and get to see him every day?

source
*Excuse me, this is my letter and I can write whatever I want.  We're all about sending out the positive vibes here...a dream is a wish your heart makes, people!!  Gotta tell the world what you want*

What trips/vacations have you been on?  Did you go to England yet?  What about Australia?  Do you still take Girls Trips?  (You better or I'm going to smack you silly!) Where is your favorite place to go?  Do you have kids?  Do they look like you?  If you do have kids, give Deb and Daddy a big hug because if you are any good at being a parent, you owe it all to them.  Do you still go to the  Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse sale and stand outside with all the preppy crazies?  Do you still love Christmas movies on ABCFamily as much as you do now?/then?/at 23?  What does your engagement ring look like?  How was UPenn for your Ed.D?  Are you still broke because you went to UPenn?  You can tell me the truth, I won't tell them!  

Do you think there are any things coming down the pike that I should be careful of?  Anything to avoid?  Actually, don't tell me, I'd rather not know.  Did everything work out the way it is supposed to?  Do you still believe in serendipity?  Do you still blog?  You didn't become one of those annoying Why I Breast Feed Mommybloggers did you?  Motherhood is tough and everyone has a different style...don't cramp anyone's style!  Did everything happen for a reason?  Are you glad you kissed those frogs?  Did they lead you to Prince Charming?  Are the Phillies in the play offs?

Before I leave you, I have some important things to say.  I hope you are doing well.  I hope you are happy.  I hope you found yourself in a place where dreams really do come true.  I hope you still text your family good night and I love you.  I hope you still have weekly Girls' Nites!  I hope you never forget how blessed you are to have everything you have.  I hope you thank God everyday for your job. You are lucky beyond belief to have that position.  I hope you smile at strangers and wave to babies (even if their parents think you're weird because you are waving at an infant with as much emphatic presence as you can muster.  Babies are people, too!)  I hope the 10 years have passed (and you've aged) gracefully.  Always wear your sunscreen. Always dance and sing in the car.  Who cares if your outfit features a head to toe pink ensemble, you do you and rock it!  Be happy with your body.  I hope you stop hating on your body and appreciate it for all that it can/did/will do.  Who cares if the jeans you wore freshmen year of college don't fit anymore?  You were 18...they shouldn't still fit.  Speaking of old clothes--do you still wear your Limited Too puppies-playing-sports shorts to bed?  Because that is awesome!  I'm sure Hot Hubby won't mind that at all!  Are you rocking the power bob hairstyle?  

Always, remember our motto(s): 
You can never be overdressed, or overeducated
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies
When in doubt, buy the shoes
Pink

Love Always,

Your Younger Self...



8 comments:

  1. No that's not fair! I want Chris Evans! "Always wear your sunscreen. Always dance and sing in the car." - That is some brilliant advice there, I hope you listen to it.. I will! :)

    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this letter - Any letter that quotes Dori is good enough for me! I too also had so many questions for the future me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to go to England & Australia, they are both pretty awesome - and Chris Evans, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mottos to yourself - those are great reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a good letter, good luck!

    diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Y'all are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at change up of Brad Paisley lyrics! Excellent post

    ReplyDelete