Sunday, October 19, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy October 2014 Edition

Happy Sunday Funday!

Thanks for wishing me well at Columbia!  I loved it!  It was everything I thought it would be and more.  Columbia University's Teacher's College is a cornerstone in creating American educational strides.  The conference was free (wowza) and run by Lucy Calkins.  For you non-educators, she is the Queen of Writing.  The conference was great and I left feeling invigorated and rejuvenated and ready to rock on Monday.  As any professional, and especially newbie, it is essential to go to conferences like this and develop/learn/see/feel/hear emerging ideas.  Also, it was very girl power and I'm all about that.  I love being surrounded by accomplished women.  I always say, I'd rather be the dumbest person in the room at the best school, because then I have the opportunity to learn so much more.  My friend and I attended the conference and honestly we can't wait unitl March for the 88th Teacher's Conference.

Anyway, back to the topic.  Today's topic is one of my all time favorites because I believe in counting your blessings everyday.  Today, I'm off to visit a friend in Maryland and I figured this ties in perfectly. I'll post our purchases/events/shenanigans tomorrow :)  We've been friends for 15 years so there's always some gems!

Things that make me happy:

1. Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass.  This girl positive body image anthem speaks to me.  Usually it says, "Go ahead, Erin, eat that cookie.  Momma told you don't worry about your size"

2. Really great Zumba/Pilates/Barre classes.  There is nothing I love more than getting my sweat on and I love when the playlist is popping, the intsrutcor is feeling it, and I've had a great day at work.  With that combo I am grooving, planking, and pile-ing my way to a fitter, healthier me.

3. Visiting friends.  I can't tell you how much I love my girlfriends.  They keep me sane, healthy, and laughing until I accidentally pee my pants.  They're the bestests.

4. Dancing in the living room.  I still choreograph in my living room.  I danced for 20 years and taught for 5...it's in my blood.

5. My job/students.  I love my job and I know I'm biased, but I believe my students are the best people in the world.  When they become in charge, we'll be in fantastic hands.

6. Lakeshore Teacher's Store.  Hello, Heaven!

7. Sale/Clearance Racks.  Total Win!

8.  Almond butter.  Yumm-o

9. Foam rollers.  Just bought a "mean" one aka one that has ridges.  Going to break that bad mama out tonight!

10. Solo car rides with awesome music.  Music makes the road trip, y'all.

11. This fall weather we're having.  Loving wearing leggins, boots, and sweater dresses.

12. Lilly Pulitzer Planner.  Organization+Bright Summery Colors=Instant Happy!

13. Anytime spent with my family.  I don't know why they're last on my list....


That is all for today, folks.  Enjoy your Sunday!

After visiting Amanda, I'll probably come home and get my yoga on.

Namaste,

E

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Blogtober! I love driving alone in the car and having a good sing-a-long party! And finding something wonderful on a sale rack is such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing alone in the car is delightful!

    ReplyDelete