Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!

How was everyone's week?  Is it just me or did this week fly by?  This week was a whirlwind.

As you read this, I'm probably sweating my troubles away at my first Bikram Yoga class!  I'll post about it this weekend.

source

I love this picture!  

I think after yoga I'm going to get a mani…any color suggestions?  I'm thinking bright!

Tomorrow I'll be running in a Fourth of July 5k!  I love 4th of July events and picnics.  Does anyone else think the 4th of July is super romantic or is that just me?  Maybe it's the hot weather, the late night fire pits, the fire works, or the happiness and good times that make the world a little more rosy?  I don't know, but I just love it.
As usual, this post will be focused on my Friday Favorites.

1.)  Kelsea Ballerini's CD The First Time.  Ohmygoodness I love this CD!  Have you ever heard a CD that makes you think, how did you read my mind?  Her CD is a fun mix of summery love songs, feel good anthems, and break up jams.  You need to listen to XO, Peter Pan, Looking At Stars, First Time.  She may heal millions of broken hearts.

2.)  Dinig al fresco!  What is it about summer and eating outside that makes everything taste better?  I've been dining outside so much lately and it has been making every meal that much more enjoyable.

3.)  Maria Menounos' EveryGirl's Guide To Diet and Exercise.  

source
This book is easy to read because it's fun, free of exercise-mumbo jumbo, but still educated and scientifically backed.  Maria writes an easy how-to guide for women to help us firm up and gain confidence.  I love reading healthy lifestyle blogs and books and she nails it.  The book has quotes and advice from fitness experts, Q& A's with celebs, recipes, and workout pictorials.  *Also the inside has a lot of pops of pink aka making everything better*

4.)  Clinique's Cheek Pop in Pink Pop!  It's the perfect summer color.  It's a creamier powder blush, than my usual Clinique Pink Blush.  It's the same price ($21) and it gives my cheeks more oomph.  Being from Jersey, there's nothing we love more than blush and a cute pink cheek.  The color is light, airy, and looks super natural--perfect for that just pinched summer look!

source


5.)  Plumcots!  Plumcots are a hybrid between apricots and plums.  I had a sample at Wegman's about a month ago and I've been hooked ever since.  They're sweet and tangy and a flavor explosion!  I call them confused fruit because they don't know if they're supposed to be sweet or tangy.  I have one everyday and I'm hooked.

6.)  Outdoor afternoon naps!  Every day I've been taking a little afternoon nap by my pool.  The warm air, the most comfortable chaise lounge ever, and the peace and tranquility that comes from laying by water makes for perfect summer nap weather.  I love these little pm naps.

What are your favorite things this week?  I'd love to hear some things you love!

P.S.  ONE thing I'm not loving is the fact that the Phillies are away for the next 2 weeks thanks to a road trip and the All-Star Break.  I have a hankering to go see my boys play under new leadership.  I'm thinking I'll need to score some tickets to the July 17th game…


I hope everyone has a happy Friday!

XOXO,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment