Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Greatest Moment In Sub History


Hey Hey Hey!     Happy end of the week!  We made it!  Do you have little dorky career dreams?  Like not, I wanna be a superintendent or I want to be a rocking teacher?  No I'm talking about the little everyday career dreams.  Like I want to use a red pen to grade a test.  I want to use stickers that say outdated phrases like TEEEERIFFIC on said tests.  Those kindsa dreams?  Well, yesterday, one of mine came true.  It was glorious!  
     Yesterday I had another adventure in subbing.  I got to experience the teacher wannabe equivalent of THE BEST DAY EVER!  This moment can only be compared to a pilot's first successful solo flight or a cardiologists first successful heart transplant.  It's wearing the teacher microphone necklace.  This little device came out about 10 years ago and since my beloved 3rd grade teacher wore one I have been dreaming of the day when, I too, would get to wear the microphone necklace and hear the cadence of my voice spewing words of wisdom like, "Remember, when we have 10 ones, we can trade that for a long!" and saying things like, "I'll just wait for you to be ready," in all of my HD surround sound glory!    NEedless to say, I began wondering what is the actual dream of wearing the microphone necklace?  DUH!  It's belting out...AAAAHHHHNNNNNDDDDD IIIIIIIYYYYYIIIIIII WILLL ALWAYS LOOOOOHOOOOOOAAAAAVEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  Whitney from Bodyguard style.  
source


Hands starting low by my side, then rising as the words fall unskillfully and out of pitch from my mouth, until they reach their apex over my head and let me pull them down in a fist position.  You know exactly what I'm talking about because you too have probably had this vision yourself whenever anyone handed you a microphone.  If you don't immediately want to do that, I don't really know what your problem is.  Why do you hate fun?  In case you don't know what this microphone necklace looks like, here is a pic.  
source

This will be forever one of the top 100 life moments for me.  I'm sure when I'm actually teaching the sound of my own voice amplified will eventually drive me to an early retirement, but for the time being I am basking in the afterglow of teacher mic wearing.  

Anyway, I hope you get to experience this little career lift every now and again because it feels amazing!

Happy Friday!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment