Thursday, August 4, 2016

Free Baseball

Hey Friends!

How are all of you doing today?  I'm doing pretty well.  Still working on staying on the wagon (just a little coconut milk ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate sauce), but everything else has been bueno.

Today started with sleeping in until 8 (YUSSSS!) then tutoring for an hour.  A quick grocery store run rounded off the morning.  I'm off to get bonds put on my teeth because I apparently brushed too hard. It's supposed to be a quick appointment...fingers crossed.  I'm such a dental work baby.

Last night was super fun.  My dad and I went to the Phillies game last night.  They Phils played the Giants and the game went into extra innings.  Extra Innings=FREE BASEBALL!











The game went into the 12th inning and the Phils pulled out a win thanks to Maikel Franco!  I saw one of my students on the Phanovision which was so exciting!  I think this was his first baseball game so that makes it extra fun!

Our seats this time were right next to the bullpen in center field.



We've never sat here before and it was fun to watch the pitchers warm up.

Covert Ops Pictures
Also, where there are pitchers...there is CAMERON RUPP!  My fave player and the only person who could ever be runner up to Phillies beloved Chooch!

Cam warming up
Cameron's fan club is known as Ruppies Puppies!  We're considering this for our audition.  It should work, no?


To stay healthy at baseball games I tend to eat before I go.  Last night I sliced up an eggplant (from JERSEY BABY!  THANK YOU FARMER'S MARKETS), Jersey tomatoes, Jersey zucchini's, and some fire roasted tomatoes.  I mixed a little EVOO, garlic, Italian spices, garlic, and rosemary and brushed it on the eggplant before I put it all in a baking dish and baked at 450 for 45 minutes.  It was delicious!  So easy and super healthy.  Definitely a keeper!  

At the game I bought a giant water (for $6...not too happy that I could buy an entire case of Disani Liters for $4...but such is life) and sip it throughout the game.  It keeps me busy (I'm a notorious boredom grazer) and hydrated.  With a race a little more than 5 weeks away, I'm trying to keep myself hydrated and away from the junk.  

Tonight I'm off to Zumba, Pilates, Barre, and weight lifting.  

I hope you all are having a great day and I can't wait to share with you a little Weekend Warrior Workout that I'll be doing with my HIIT class on Saturday morning :)

Does anyone have any fun weekend plans?  We're doing a beach birthday bash for my cousin, a bridal shower, and a dinner with Ra in Princeton.

xoxo,

e


No comments:

Post a Comment