Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Happy FriYAY!

How has everyone's week been going?  Mine has been a crazy one, with the end of vacation and trying to get everything ready for back to school, plus some fun end of summer activities.  More on those things later :)  Also, happy Women's Equality Day!  Shout out to all of the women who have made this world a more equal and wonderful place for all of us!  Another shout out to all the women who continue to fight the good fight everyday to ensure equality, safety, and health for each and every one of us.

To keep with tradition, let's discuss some Friday Favorites!

1.)  The return of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making The Team 11 

Who else is pumped about the return of this show??  It is one of my favorite shows and I fully cop to binge watching old episodes all zee time!  (I may or may not have the DVR set to record ANY & ALL episodes)  Since Amanda lives 3 states away, we have virtual wine dates with each other and will FaceTime or text through the episode.  Since I'm trying to detox from vacation, I had a scrumptious green juice and Amanda had some Barefoot.  The show was awesome!  I'm cheering for Kyndell, Jenna, Amy, and Tasha.

2.)  First Women by Kate Andersen Brower


source

This book is fabulous!  Where was it when I was writing my thesis 3 years ago?  **Oh God, did I really graduate from college THREE YEARS AGO?**  I have a not so secret fascination with the first ladies and I can't put this book down.  It's non-fiction, but it reads like a novel.  Brower spoke with lots of past and current White House workers, East Wing staffers, friends, and family members of past and current first ladies.  I'm hooked!  I read it on the cruise and it was an amazing read.  I'm about 1/3 done and I can't wait to finish it!

3.) Strawberry Daiquiris!

Ok, confession time.  I haven't had a daiquiri in years.  Usually when I go out for a drink I order something low-cal like a tequila and seltzer with lime, but on the cruise I basically said screw it!  I got a daiquiri for the last 3 nights of the cruise and it reminded me of all of the good times in college.  They taste like you are 22 and have zero cares in the world!

4.)  MASSAGES!

On the cruise I decided to treat myself to a massage.  I got a scalp, foot, and full body massage.  It was heaven.  My masseuse deserves a special place heaven for working the knots out of my calves and back.  I think I left my body and went to heaven in those 75 minutes.

5.)  Horseshoe Bay!

This beach is all that it's cracked up to be.  The pink sand feels like snow it's so soft.  The crystal clear aquamarine water is perfect and you can stand up to your neck and still see the bottom.  There are rocks and caverns in the water that you can explore and play on and in.  I loved this beach and could have stayed there forever.

How gorgeous is this view?


6.)  Nutty Monkey Smoothies



Cruises are not known for their healthy food options, so when we were in Hamilton Bermuda, I found a bakery that made protein smoothies.  I will be recreating this meal this week!  Here's the recipe if ya wanna give it a whirl!

1 banana
1 cup vanilla (Unsweetened) almond mlik
1/2 cup oats
2 T peanut butter
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
handful of ice

*sprinkle with cinnamon and vanilla if you're feeling it*

7.)  New Orleans!  My trip is booked!  I can't wait to see Zach again!  Hello November in NOLA!  I'm looking forward to not sweating my butt off this time.  I also can't wait to take a ghost tour of the Garden District!


Happy FriYAY!  I wish everyone a great weekend full of fun!  I have a concert and a baseball game coming up this weekend.  I'm teaching Zumba in addition to my usual Total Body Blast class.  What are you all up to this weekend?

XOXO,

e

No comments:

Post a Comment