Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Favorites Olympics Edition

Happy FriYAY!

How is everyone doing?!  Sorry I've been MIA, I've been trying to get back into the swing of normalcy over here after 3 weeks of weddingstravaganzas!  Raise a wedding cake covered fork if you're ready to have a weekend free of weddings?!

Not that I don't love weddings, but I'm ready to breathe and have a peaceful low key weekend.  However, I can't wait to show you the pictures from Kate's shower and her bachelorette party!

Is everyone watching the Olympics?  I'm not a huge Olympics fan **put down the pitchforks lol** but I've watched a few of the competitions.  Gymnastics...obviously!   A little bit of swimming (Ryan Lochte's blue hair doesn't impact how cute he is) and some beach volleyball.

In traditional Friday Fashion here are my favorites from the week!  Feel free to play along in the comments section.

Botched By Nature- Wednesdays at 9 on E!  I'm obsessed with Botched anyway and when I found out the doctors were going to do another show my plastic surgery obsessed self started to dance!  When I was 2.5 I fell at my swim club and broke open my forehead.  My parents opted to have plastic surgery done to fix my forehead.  I'm so glad they did.  I know that if I didn't have that surgery, I wouldn't be as comfortable with myself as I am now.

This Michael  Phelps picture.

source

What a great quote!  I think everyone has gotten caught up in jealousy or envy or self doubt and this picture is a great way to visually understand that it's all BS.  How many times have you played the comparison game?  She's faster than me, she's prettier than me, she's stronger than me.  The list goes on and on, but do those comparisons make you better or improve your skills?  Nope!  They don't help you improve at all.  I think all of that negative self-talk actually makes your performance worse.  So next time you want to compare yourself to someone else, think about this picture.  Phelps is focused on the wall and winning, and Chad Le Clos is focusing on Phelps.  Focus on winning.


Aly Raisman's Parents!

These two crack me up!  How do they not make her even more nervous?  If those were my parents I would ask them not to come because they would make me wayyyyy too nervous :)  They're so funny and it's so obvious that they love their daughter and want her to be successful, but they are hilarious!


Phillies Wall of Fame and Alumni Weekend!

Every August, the Phillies welcome another player to their Wall of Fame.  This year the honor is going to my favorite Philly *drum roll please* Jim Thome!

source

Thome was a first basemen for the Phillies who was the #1 home run hitter in the NL in 2003.  He has 612 career home runs, the 7th most in MLB.  

For Christmas in 2003, my dad got me a Thome jersey (in a size Men's XL none the less) and I can't wait to resurrect that jersey for today's game.


First Comes Love by Emily Giffin.  This book is so so so good!  I have read all of her books and love how the different characters from her different books are intertwined.  This book focuses on the relationship between two very different sisters.  The book alternates chapter by chapter between one sister's point of view and the other.  It's a cool way to understand the various points of view while keeping the book fast paced.  I am almost done and I am doing what I always do when I get close to the end of a good book...I put it off.  I try to avoid the book at all costs.  When I lay out I read a few pages then I fall asleep because I don't want to finish the book.  I don't want it to be over because I know I'll miss the book.

Plumcots!  They're baaaaaack!  Plumcots are an apricot/plum hybrid and they're delicious!  They're sweet, but not so much so that they cause the sugar shakes.  I had green plumcots this year, too!  A little bit more tart than the red ones.

Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Bleue Parfum Rollerball

This week I picked up this new perfume for my upcoming cruise.  I wanted something different than my usual Calvin Klein Eternity and since Tory is my fave shoe designer and Philly girl, I decided to try hers.  It was love at first smell.  At a $28 price point, my purse was happy, too!  I love how convenient it is to just roll on and throw it in my clutch and I'm good to go out for the night.  I know it's also strange, but the cap screws on really tight and that makes me smile because I'm confident that the perfume won't get all over my purse.


So those are my favorite things from the week.  What are you all loving?


xoxo,

e

No comments:

Post a Comment