Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Oxymoron Day!


How was everyone's weekend?  Mine was crazy busy/sleep deprived/sugar fueled.  So that should answer all questions about the detox, huh?  Tomorrow will be better :)

Friday night I babysat...I came *this close* to falling asleep on their couch.  

Saturday started as it usually does, GYM TIME!  Dylan and Deb showed up for my last Total Body Blast class...little bro said his legs are sore today :)  Muahahaha that's music to my ears.  

After the gym, I got my hairs cut.  Then, I had some last minute shopping for Kate's wedding to do.  I also picked up some Tom's ankle booties...because you know, bridesmaids need gifts, too.

Whole Foods came to the dinner rescue.  WF has a $2 off salad coupon on their app!  Get.  It.  




Kind of a random salad:  beets, turkey, kale, super grains, and antioxidant salad.  Word to the wise...don't mix these all together.  It tastes gross.  Sometimes I get a little too excited when I go to WF and want to try allthethings.  Usually this works in my favor, but sometimes allthethings don't taste so good mixed together.  Delish on their own, but not together.  Lesson learned.

Sunday began with an early morning circuit workout.  I was supposed to be running The Rock N Roll half today, but the ankle is still not ready, so Plan B was taken.  


Sunday afternoon, Deb and I got our nails done for Kate's wedding.  I went with OPI's Russian Navy.

Then, my 6th favorite day of the year was finally upon us!  VALENZANO WINE FEST!

Cait, her mom, Deb, and I went to the wine fest for the second year...we're totally making this an annual thing :)

After trying all the wine at the fest (because we're champs like that) we wandered around and then sampled some grapes.


They were delicious!

Valenzano does a great job with this fest.  They invite about 8 wineries to come and exhibit their wines.  It's a $20 entrance fee and then you can sample all the wines you want.  One of my friends joked that it is like the Samples Olympics for me.  He is right!  They also have food trucks, bands, crafts, vendors, a beer garden, and activities for the kids to enjoy.  It's such a fun way to spend the afternoon and kick off fall.  

Cait and I then went to Menchie's for froyo.  I rolled with a mix of peanut butter, chocolate, cake batter, and cookies and cream froyo (a much better mix than my WF salad debacle) topped with Oreos, Reese's Cups, cookie dough, mini M&Ms, a tiny bit of chocolate sauce, marshmallow, and peanut butter.  

When I came home from Menchie's I needed a nap!  #oldladystatus  When I woke up I craved healthy healthy healthy food.  I had a piece of homemade healthy turkey meatloaf with steamed veggies.  Instantly I felt better.  It's amazing how that happens, isn't it?  After you eat junk food you begin craving the good stuff.  

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  To my friends who raced this weekend, I'm so happy for you and excited for you and your accomplishment!

This is Kate's wedding week and I can't wait to share the day with her!

XOXO,

E


No comments:

Post a Comment