Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Reading, wearing, watching, listening, eating

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm copying one of my favorite bloggers Gina and being a lazy blogger.  These posts are kinda my favorites because I'm a nosy girl and I like finding new things to read, wear, watch, listen to, and eat.

Reading  

Yes, Please  by Amy Poehler.  Love her.  She was always one of my fave SNL ladies.  Molly Shannon Mary Catherine Gallagher will always have my heart.  Amy Poehler is like that silly best friend that you always need in your life.  Reading her book is the perfect mixture of true emotion (the divorce chapter made me sad and laugh all at once) and easy reading humor.  Her honesty and goofiness shine through.  When anyone else reads a book by a famous person, do you read it in their voice?  I do.  Apparently the book is also an ebook and Amy actually reads it.  Pretty shaweet!

HIIT IT!  Gina Harney.  I started reading her blog listed above a few years ago and I'm hooked.  I love her.  She's so funny, cool, and awesome.  Like a best friend in a blog.  She's a healthy lifestyle blogger, but not annoying, preachy, or restrictive.  Girlfriend loves Scandal, wine, and chocolate…gotta love that.  Her book is part cook book part exercise book.  It focuses on HIIT eating and exercising.  I've been using her recipes (veggie marinara, baked breakfast cookie, and turkey lentil muffins) this week and I'm hooked.  The food is delicious, can be frozen, and is all healthy and filling.  Her food doesn't taste "diety" because it's not…it's whole and healthy.  Everything fills you up and keeps you satiated for hours.  I can't sing her praises enough!

Wearing  

Pink jammies from Victoria's Secret.  These are my Christmas jammies and I'm so in love with them because they're pink and grey striped, cozy, and warm.  Also, I'm sporting some mismatched socks.  Looking hawt over here :)

Watching

The Bachelor.  I'm kinda loving Chris but I can't believe how much of a kissy boy he is.  It's week 2 and all the girls have been kissing him!  Crazy train!  I also don't know who I like best.  I kinda like Tracy and Trina, but I'm not sure yet.  

Agent Carter.  Is anyone else watching this?  I'm missing Scandal and Nashville and trying to fill the void with this.  I'm also a huge Superhero dork (I once attended a 12 hour Marvel Movie Day with my dad.)  You all also know that I'm kind of in love with Captain America.

Don't Judge!

I think the show is kinda ehhh, but I'm already invested so I'll stick with it.  

Parks and Rec.  I'm going to ride this Amy Poehler wave all the way out.  She's awesome.  Plus, when did Chris Pratt get super attractive?  

Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta, my dad and I watch every Friday night.  We're cool and we know it :)  My dad usually picks the best dress…with an insanely high accuracy rate I might add.  I'm such a proud daughter

Listening

Currently I'm obsessed (along with the rest of the world) Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud.  Have y'all seen the video?  It's perfect!  The dancing, the lyrics, the melody--all perfect!  As a dancer I get super judgey of people dancing in music videos.  I don't consider twerking a dance skill, so when I see beautifully choreographed excellent dancers dancing, it makes my little heart pirouette with giddiness.  

Since I'm always a true country fan first, I've been jamming to Blake Shelton and Ashley Monroe's Lonely Tonight and Brad Paisley's Shattered Glass.  Blake and Ashley's jam is the perfect song if you're trying to convince yourself that you should text your ex.  Brad's song is a girl power anthem.  

Also, I can't get enough of Meghan Trainor's Lips Are Moving. 

Eating  

GRAZE!  I recently cashed in one of those Graze vouchers that I read in Health Magazine and I really like it!  It's $7 a box (I order twice a month and that includes shipping) and you get to pick a box of 4 healthy and proportioned snacks.  I have munched honeycomb flap jacks and dark rocky road.  Honeycomb flap jacks are like little granola bars but lighter.  (AMAZING!!)  Dark rocky road is a nut combo with dark chocolate drops.  In.  LOVE!  I also have a Brooklyn Bites (not too sure I'll like it.  It's savory and I'm a sweets fein.)  I also have Eleanor's Apple Crumble tomorrow.  Yum, yum, yum!  Can't wait!  It was actually really sweet because I forgot I ordered it and then it came in the mail yesterday.  Not a bad Monday in my book.  You should definitely try out this company.  

What are you ladies and gents doing now?  Feel free to link up and let me know!  I'm always looking for a new book, eat, show, song, etc!

Love Always,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment