Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Oxymoron Day!

It's doubly struggle-city over here because it's my first day back at work after 12 days off for Christmas vacay.

source

I lurved vacay :)  I am ready to go back to my little nuggets.  They're kinda fabulous and I missed those little friends.  They brighten up my day with their sweetness, jokes, and stories.

Does anyone else feel like when you're on vacay you can get up at whatever time?  I woke up multiple times to go to Zumba or spinning before 5 am, but put me on a work day?  I'll see you at 6:15.  I can NEVER wake up before 6 on work days.  I think my little friends require more energy than an hour of booty shaking fun.  

Does everyone love the blog's new make over?  She got a new background for Christmas!  Pink+Grey=My room's color scheme.

Who is excited for tonight?!  It's Bachelor Monday!  After Christmas, Bachelor Monday is my favorite winter holiday :)

source
Hubba Hubba Prince Farming!  I'll be watching tomorrow because I have to go to a meeting tonight.  I have high hopes for this season.



Anyway, this weekend was a total blasty blast!  I got to see some of my favorite people in the world.  

On Friday, my college roomie was able to come over and we did what all cool people do when traveling to Philly…

Take super cool pix in front of the Art Museum :)

Maybe we even sang the Rocky theme song whilst running up the stairs…I don't act like a tourist or anything.  I actually like running up the stairs whilst singing Rocky.  I do it every time.

Fun fact**When I was running my half marathon and ran past the art museum, they played the Rocky theme song.  It gave me an extra boost to kick it.  


Ra and I decided to go to the museum.  I love this museum, and after 5 field trips and a handful of personal trips, I have come to be infatuated by the talent of those artists' who have work displayed in the museum.  Five years of French and one performing arts class in college are the extent of my art knowledge.  Ra decided we should visit museums with Kate Middleton because her major was Art History.  I agree.  It would help if she returned our calls…

Anyway, while we were perusing the paintings we ran into an actual art fan.  Like he gets art.  I'm partial to Degas because I love ballet and having 20 years of ballet experience, I get his ballet art.  BUT this guy?!  He was looking at Picasso's Three Musicians and was talking about the angles, the age old debate mustache/smiles, and the tone.  He says he comes here to check in with the painting.  How cool is that?  The fact that he knows where the painting is located is impressive enough!  Ra and I left feeling more cultured and cooler than when we walked in.  I also felt a little dumber and uncultured because I couldn't hold a solid conversation about Picasso.  You want Degas?  I'm your girl!  Every French project I wrote about him.  The only thing I know about Picasso is that his daughter designs Tiffany & Co. jewelry ;)

Anyway, after the museum we headed off to dinner.  We went to City Tap House in Logan Square.   If you are in the Philly area (or are planning a super cool vacation to my beloved city) you NEED to run to this place.  If you like craft beers this place is right up your alley.  We're not beer drinkers at all, but the place did not disappoint.  The restaurant was big but had that small intimate feel that I like.  The ambiance was amazing--I love me some exposed brick and leveled seating areas.  The food was face rocking.  I'm a picky eater and the selection was extensive…even to me.




I rolled with the kale and sweet potato salad.  The best part?!  They had GOAT CHEESE!  This little lactose intolerant lady was jumping out of her seat with excitement!  The salad also had Asian pears and walnuts.  The dressing was a maple bourbon vinaigrette.  I loved and savored every bite. It is second place (only to my beloved Seasons 52 BBQ Chicken Salad.) for my favorite salad of all time.  

After dinner, Ra and I both said, "We miss our salads."  Le sigh.



You didn't think we'd pass up dessert did you?
Hello S'mores dish!
The prices were pretty standard city dining.  My salad was $12.  The only thing that was kinda pricy was the dessert.  That little plate was $9.  Mehhh, I could have gone to the Cheesecake Factory for a $9 slice of heaven.  


**Side note** I'm not a beer girl, but they had Jack's Cider and it tasted like apple juice.  I highly recommend this for my non-beer girls.




For my birthday, Ra gifted me all kinds of healthy juicy things.
Powedered PB and Chocolate PB--face rocking.
Cacao Nibs-if you like dark chocolate (I don't discriminate against any chocolate--except White because it's not chocolate) you'll love these!
Macaboost-Great for smoothie helpers or just stirred into some almond milk for a flavor punch.

One of my favorite people in my favorite city!

Saturday was a nice an easy day.  I went to Panera for a green tea and to read a book on teaching non-fiction writing.  I was poked by a small child, stared at by a small toddler, and sat behind the world's most awkward first date ever!  The guy asked the woman, "So what's your financial situation?"  #notappropriate.  I got to go to Whole Paycheck as a treat!  I got some road trip necessities.  

Sunday was a long day.  My mom and I went to upstate PA for my cousin's (I'm his sponsor) Confirmation practice.  

I road trip like a champ!  Dorkiest but coziest outfit ever!!


You don't wear yoga pants under your wrap dress?
You don't wear dorky socks with your super cute sparkly glitter slippers?
NEWS FLASH!  You're doing life wrong :)


I made the pb that Ra gave me for a little road trip snackage.  Twas delish!  I also ate cacao super cookies.  They are like raw Samoas.  Insane in the membrane good!

I also watched 30 episodes of Boy Meets World!  I only have 112 left on the DVR!  I watched the episode where Shawn joins the hugging cult!  Ra and I exchanged BMW texts with exact quotes.  We're soul sistas!

How was your weekend?  Do anything fun?  Are your kids going nuts from this long break?


Wish me luck while I try to get my kids to focus on school after the long holiday!


xoxo,

E




No comments:

Post a Comment