Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Full List of Things That Make Me Deliriously Happier Than They Should

Hey y'all!  I SHOULD be reading 3 chapters on comprehension strategies and letting all that educational goodness sink into my brain, BUTTTTT, I'm gonna unload a little random good time on you all.  Have you ever just reached the pinnacle of happy?  Like you're just having a great day and you wanna share it with the world?  Like you finally know what Pharrell is singing about?  I just can't help myself when I hear it I start steering wheel tapping like a dorky soccer dad.  Welp, congrats, you are in luck because I am having one of those super happy times in life right now and I wanna share a list of things that make me deliriously happy.  Probably happier than they should but you know what?  I don't care because it's better to be annoyingly happy than a complainer.  So here goes...the list of things that make me happy.  So clap along if you feel that happiness is the truth.

1.)  My besties.  I know it's a cliche but they are the best people in the world.

2.) Nutella.  Nuff said :)

3.) My pink Hunter Wellies.  I'm in love with these beauties and they are a great conversation starter.  Three people commented on how much they loved my boots today.  Threeeeee!!! In NJ that's an astronomically high number of complimenters.

4.) Baseball season.  I get giddy, weak in the knees, dance around my bedroom when I see that my Phils have all arrived safely at training camp and are prepping for the new season.

5.) Cut off jean shorts.  I realize I only have about 7 more good years in my cut-offs before it becomes a necessary evil to wear shorts that have an actual hem.  You know the classy chino kind?  Yeah, I'm gonna Sheryl Crow and soak up the sun for these last 7 years.

6.) When my USWeekly comes on Fridays.  Every Friday I wake up pumped because not only is it Friday, but it's when my USWeekly comes in the mail!  The best is when I get home from work and see the big yellow letters poking out of the mail box.  Be still my beating heart!  We all saw the Friends episode when Monica confesses that she knows it's shallow but she gets excited when her People magazine comes in the mail, welp...that's me.  I'm not actually sorry, though.

7.) Burt's Beeswax.  It's a lifestyle.

8.) When my favorite bloggers update their posts.  I really do get worried and concerned about their well-being when they haven't posted in a while.

9.) Bachelor Mondays.  Monday sucks.  Monday is the Aquaman of the week.  (Except maybe for Sunday after 7 pm...but the twilight of Sunday is only sucky because it means Monday is a mere 5 hours away)  Bachelor Mondays brighten my whole day!   During Bachelor/ette season I actually look forward to MONDAYS!  Why?  Oh I don't know because The Bachelor/ette is the greatest display of human emotion not directed by John Hughes.

10.) Coupons.  I just can't get enough of those little 30% off at the Gap, $15 sweaters at The Loft, and bogo food.  I will be there with bells on.  I'm a sucker for sales.  $5 off at CRAPYOUACTUALLYDON'TNEED?  I'm there!  I don't need it but thanks to your coupon I want it!

11.) Waking up to emails on my phone from said stores.  I have been known to wake up crazy early to get to the aforementioned stores at opening time JUST to snag the best deals.  Is anyone else there?  No.  Are these clothes still there a few days later and still on sale?  ABSOLUTELY!  But as all things in Erinland, go hard or go home.  If you're not first you're last.

12.) Will Ferrell movies.  That was a nice segue wasn't it?

13.) When my friends send me Pins from Pinterest.  I get giddy like a little girl on Christmas and think, "Oooooh what kinda goodies are they gonna send me?"

14.)  Target.  All of it.  All the time.

15.) Baked goods.  I know as a teacher I'm supposed to turn down the homemade treats because I know that children and hygiene don't exactly live harmoniously in the baking world, but I can't help myself.  I just love little baked goods.  

16.) Yoga pants from Victoria's Secret.  There's just something about their yoga pants that pulls me in and won't let me go.

17.) Pink.  Anything and everything.  Think Pitbull and Give Me Everything!

18.) Chicago songs.  No, not the acclaimed Broadway Musical--the band Chicago.  Whenever You're The Inspiration comes on you can bet your bottom dollar it is jam time on like donkey kong.

19.) Wilson Phillip's Hold On.  That's a windows down, sing at the top of your lungs kinda jam!

20.) Other people car dancing!  I'm glad others know and appreciate the good things in life!

21.) When I quote drop and people get it.  I seriously made a buncha good friends like that!  Try it!  You'll be surprised at what kinda awesome people appear in your life when you quote drop.

22.) Candy that is on sale.

23.) When Father of the Bride I or II, Legally Blonde, Pretty Woman, Game on With Eric & Jessie, or Real Housewives, Boy Meets World marathons are on TV.  Count me out for the rest of the day!

24.) Outdoor country concerts.  They count as being outdoorsy right?  Thought so!

25.) Songs that I forgot about that just appear out of my speakers like the little divine gifts they are!  You don't know why you know all the words (or why you forgot about the song) but as soon as it comes on you go hard!

26.) The penny arcade at TD Bank!  Helllloooooooo $50 in quarters/dimes/nickels/pennies!  If you're wondering, yes I do guess every time Penny Arcade asks if I want to; however, I've never been right.  I don't feel bad about it though because she always tells me that I did a really good job saving my money.

27.) When iTunes gives you the perfect unprompted playlist.  Sometimes it just narrates your whole day doesn't it?  I think Apple secretly taps into your soul, but that's just a working theory.  Also, when the radio does this and you're like, thanks God for always looking out for me!

28.) When you wake up with really good hair!  This only happens twice a year if you are lucky!  It's like seeing a shooting star...but in real life!

29.) Jennifer Aniston as a guest on any talk show!  She's my woman crush forever<3

30.) Friends reruns.  World crises could be solved by all parties watching Chandler, Mon, Ross, Joey, Pheebs, and Rache take on being 20 somethings in NYC.

31.) Errors in books.  I don't know why but when a published work has an error in it, it makes me feel good about my own writing flaws.

32.) Finally seeing the fruition of your shopping stalking pay out.  Shopping stalking you ask?  Well, sit down kids and let me tell you about shopping stalking.  When you shop as much as me, I mean I've heard this is done :), you know what is going to sell quickly and what you can hold off on until it drops in price.  Once it has been cast off to the sale rack you really have a decision to make.  Do you buy it now?  Or do you wait?  I wait.  I scan my email 30 times a day to see if one of my beloved coupons come in saying that all Clearance is an additional 60% off!  Then I swoop in and buy the bugger!  Some call it an addiction, I call it a gift.  Potato/patato.

33.)  Really fast internet.

34.) Libraries!

35.) People with funny t-shirts on.  I am that creeper who will read your t-shirt--and get irrationally mad when you move or are walking to fast and I don't get to finish reading it.

36.) Strawberry jelly packets at the diner.  Yes I still eat them independent of any accompanying food.

37.)  The perfect pb&j sandwich.  Only moms can make it this way.  It's an illusive little bugger but once you find it you just smile and enjoy your sandwich like the smug boss you are.

38.) Realizing you don't have to do laundry because you have an actual work appropriate outfit for tomorrow!

39.) When old school Destiny's Child comes on at the mall.  I have been known to pause, drop my sense of social appropriateness, and break into the famed Survivor dance whilst holding all my purchases.  People of Quaker Bridge Mall you are welcome!

40.) My Lilly Pulitzer planner.  I just love Lilly and the planner makes me feel like a grown up.

41.) Family dance parties.  They happen and they are intense!

42.) Snow days!

43.) Samples at Wegmans or the mall food court!  Hello free lunch!

44.) Gift cards!  I feel like I have so much more money because it is free!

45.) My shoe collection.  Those babies are my one true love.

46.) Cowboy boots!  God I love them!  They're just cute and remind me of summer

47.) Dresses.  Maxi, mini, skater, formal, sun, strapless, sleeveless, spaghetti strap, long sleeve, wrap, cinch waist.  Doesn't matter.  I want them all!  They make you look uber put together even if you are a hot hot hot mess.

48.) When waitresses call me honey.

49.) Being in the South.  I love traveling and I love the South with all my tough as steel Jersey Girl heart.

50.) Baseball hats.  So. Stinking. Cute.  I love wearing baseball hats.  I love when other girls wear baseball hats.  And most of all I love when guys wear a baseball hat.  Wear a baseball hat and you have the key to my heart.

51.) Baby/Bridal Showers.  I just can't get enough!  I love buying for them, the food, the outfits, the mingling.  Call me a weirdo but I just love them.  I get pumped about toasters, like you don't?

52.) Weddings and hearing about engagements.  I'm a hopeless romantic.  If you have a wedding album up on FB I've maybe definitely creeped it.  Hey, if you didn't want people to see it, you wouldn't have posted it right?




So there you have it!  A collection of delightfully strange things that make me one happy girl!  I hope you all have a great day and think about all the little things in life that make you happy.

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment