Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Things I've Learned At 22 1/2

Since I recently turned 22 1/2 I have realized that now I do things that I last year I wouldn't have even dreamed of doing.  Even though 22 has been an interesting year thus far (graduation, my business succeeding, moving out of my own apartment, reliving my 2011 love life--unintentionally of course-- eating mostly natural healthy foods, watching friends getting BIG GIRL JOBS--congrats!) I think I have learned/changed  a lot since turning 22.

1) I no longer wear make up most days.  Since I was in 6th grade I suffered from intense acne and was deeply embarrassed by my bad skin.  Now, because of my improved diet and water drinking plan, age, and skin regimen, my skin is pretty good!  I now go to work, out to Target (Target is in my uuber small town and therefore you are almost certain to run into people you went to high school with.  Looking bad is not an option!)  I think I'm finally comfortable enough with myself to go bare faced.

2) You do control your own happiness.  Sometimes we get dumped.  Sometimes we get hurt by people we thought would never do that and as much as we want/hope/pray that doesn't happen, it will.  You have to learn to activate your internal happiness switch.  You just need to learn that you can do it.  You can make the choice to be happy.  This is something I've discovered after mucho nights wondering what happened/what went wrong/what did I do?  Now I just turn on the happiness switch and BOOM. Sadness all gone.

3) Embrace your inner dork.  Being smart is AWESOME!  I will always love going to museums, concerts, reading, and traveling.

4) Apologies are not always necessary.  There are certain times when you do not have to apologize.  When people are rude to you, don't apologize.  When someone is jealous of you, do not apologize.  When you do something really well, don't apologize.

5) Running can be fun.  Seriously, I LOATHED running for 22 years.  Then, in May I started running and guess what?  I love to run.  I like running late at night, jamming to my iPod, and wearing pink work out clothes.

6) Saving money is better then mindless spending.  I lerve to shop, but I know that saving my money is more important than spending it on very fun things.

So these are my life lessons that I've learned thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment