Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas Is In...ONE MONTH AND 22 DAYS!!

***Notice the red and green typing...Christmas is soon people!!  I have foregone my usual pink...you know I mean business***  PS sorry this was posted twice...I don't know why

So today at 1pm my day got infinitely better!  Why do you ask??  Because that was the time that I walked into Target and bought Christmas JAMS!!  Being a December baby I feel an extra special affinity towards Christmas.  In my house, December is literally the busiest and most expensive month...EVER.  Both my brother and I are December Babies (he's the 9th and I'm the 14th).  Then comes Christmas Adam (a term I copped from my friend...i.e. the day before Christmas Eve...who came before Eve?  Adam #ChristianityHumor) a day filled with shopping or just people watching at the mall with a Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider in hand, then, Christmas Eve (a day filled with eating hors d'oeuvres/primping for church/having my hair not work with me even though I've had wayyyyyy longer than usual to perfect it/arriving at mass an hour and 45 minutes prior to ensure we get the "best seats"/going to Red Lobster for dinner (I know it may seem a little strange but we will get to that in a later post titled Kitley Family Holiday Traditions)/my Aunt's house for Christmas Dinner part II/wrapping presents/watching 24 straight hours of A Christmas Story/then reading Twas The Night Before Christmas/getting new Christmas jammies.  Then, finally Jesus' Birthday!!  Then December 26th shopstravaganza!  And then New Year's Eve and finally New Year's Day.  As you can see Christmas and December are a big  FREAKING GINORMOUS deal in my house!

Back to today, Target is my all time favorite store.  Literally who doesn't love Target?  You can buy dog food, lawn furniture, and moderately priced nail polish all in one place...Heaven?  I think so!!  Well today Target reached a new level of epicness.  As I strode through the Jedi-like sliding doors, I was debating what I wanted to buy.  It's payday and payday means Target Day!  Do I need a reason to go to Mecca?  No, if it is a day that ends in y, I will most likely be at Target.  Anyway, I decide to buy myself some new music.  Maybe a little Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Jana Kramer, who knows whichever I feel like.  Well, I didn't even make it to the country section because what to my wandering eye should appear but the glittering Christmas display that can only be described as having been created and primped by angels or Jovie...THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC DISPLAY!!  Be still my beating heart!

Well, I just went nuts.  EVERYTHING was on sale!  Nothing was more than $8.99!  God knows I love a sale, let alone a Christmas music sale!  Amy, Nat, Luther, NSYNC, Kidz Bop, all the greats were sitting there staring back at me saying BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME!  Well, I did.  I bought three CDs...Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers...Brad Paisley...Rudolph...wait for it...the original with Burl Ives!  I had to verbally command my self...out loud mind you..."Walk away from the Christmas display Erin...walk away."  So I went to the register with my glee in full force (literally a huge dork smile on my face) and paid for them.  $18.97...I think yes!  Before the saleslady could hand me my bag I grabbed it and said "THANKYOUVERYMUCHHAVEANICEDAY!" and pranced out the store!  On a scale from 1-Kristen Bell and a sloth, I was right with her!  So as I bounce to my car, barely withholding my glee, I rip open the Dolly/Kenny jam and...well, let's just say it was a Hard Candy Christmas in my car allllllll the way home.  

While jamming out and smiling like Ralphie when he opens the Red Rider BB gun, I decided I wasn't going to make it to the gym today, no sir...I was going to weigh train while watching Elf   *First we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle*  Much better decision I think!


Well, the moral of the story is that Christmas is soon and there is room for everybody on the nice list!  So remember, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!  So I will continue to jam (exclusively to Christmas Jams) and I expect everyone to be as happy as me!  So if you see me standing outside a department store dressed as an elf handing out candy canes...you know who to call...yes that's right Macy's Security!

xoxo AND ho ho ho

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment