Monday, December 23, 2013

Festivus For The Rest Of Us!

Happy Festivus!!

Isn't this the best Seinfeld episode?  I think so!  I completely identify with the Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strengths segments of this episode!  In the spirit of Festivus I have decided to Air my 2013 Grievances and Feats of Strength!












Here goes:

Grievances:


  • Homework-I'm totally over it!  It bugs me that I have to write, read, and create projects for make believe students.  Grievance!
  • The Media Scrutinizing Women's Bodies-Listen, there is nothing wrong with not being a size 0, or 00, or 2, or 4, or 6, or 8, or 10, or 12, or whatever size!  Just be healthy and happy!  Grievance!
  • Boys Who Are Too Immature and Insecure To Be Men-Listen, boys need to grow up.  Being immature and insecure is not hot.  Using those lackluster traits to worm your way out of a relationship is unacceptable.  Be a human and just don't hurt people.  Not cool.  (I've also cooked up the best revenge for all mean boys...wish them a beautiful daughter who is a great person.)
  • Chris Christie-ALL THE THINGS HE DOES!  NO GOOD!  ALL BAD!  BLECK!
  • The Apparent Time Frame of Deliciousness Consumption of Pumpkin Flavored Things-September 1-November 20 is not enough time for me to enjoy all the pumpkin-ness I need.



Feats of Strength:
  • I graduated from college with honors!
  • I started grad school!
  • I marathoned How I Met Your Mother on Netflix until I caught up to THIS season!
  • I started a new job!
  • I went to Nashville and New Orleans!
  • I managed to make new friends!
  • I started training for my half marathon!
  • I became a good saver of moolah!  (First time ever)
  • I learned some new recipes!
  • Channeled my negative boy problems into a future children's book plot!  Beware of Dragons mean boys...
  • Learned how to give myself a proper blow out (of my hair dirty minds :))
I think that is all I have done, grieved, and achieved and I'm pretty proud of this year!  I can't wait til 2014 because I think I have learned a lottttttta lessons and I'm ready for it!

Be sure to print this and use next time a neighbor shows up with a holiday present for you and you find yourself without a present!  George Costanza problem solver!
So Happy Festivus and Don't Be Afraid To Air Your Grievances and Rock Your Feats of Strength because you need to air the grievances so you can move on in 2014.  You need to celebrate your Feats of Strength because you're awesome and you deserve a little recognition!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve (or as my one hilarious friend calls it Christmas Adam...get it?  Because Adam came before Eve...aaaaannnnnnyyyyyway)

xoxo,

Erin




Photo Sources:


1) http://img.pandawhale.com/41084-Happy-Festivus-meme-gift-Human-whrc.jpeg
2)http://img.pandawhale.com/32670-Festivus-xuHO.jpeg
3&4)http://pandawhale.com/post/9539/festivus-memes-and-gifs


No comments:

Post a Comment