Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday/Yoga Revelations/Wine


Happy Hump Day!

Welcome to my first What I Ate Wednesday!  I'm such a fan of sharing and reading what others are eating for a few reasons:  A) I'm nosy lol B) I like to get new ideas for healthy meals C) I like to share what I'm eating to give new ideas to others.

Yesterday was a weird day.  As you can tell from my blog's name Serindipity I'm a huge believer in everything happens for a reason.  (FYI For Good and Unanswered Prayers have been playing on repeat)  I woke up feeling kinda wonky (a boy missing a sensitivity chip but what are you going to do?)  and I was just kinda sad.  I went on a 5 mile run to try to ease the wonk/funk I've been in.  Kinda worked.  I ate my favorite breakfast (totally worked) then I went to tutor one of my favorite kids.  I don't know what it is, but whenever I teach, life just gets better.  I forget everything.

Also I found these at Target (Target heals all)…I think Amanda and I need them :)

Cait and I went to celebrate my birthday at Auburn Road Vineyards.  (Full disclosure my birthday is in December, but who wants to go wine tasting in the winter?)  This was my first official wine tasting and I think I'm hooked!  What a cool place!  We had the whole place to ourselves and we enjoyed tasting some Jersey wines and eating copious amounts of bread and cheese.

On our way we saw some bales of hay…Jersey is the Garden State!  We're not all Snooki...
Beautiful display and tasting set up
We got a souvenir glass!
The menu

Auburn Road Vineyards is an amazing place!  Some of the wine is named after the winemaker's love of music and it was cool to try and decipher the musical references.


Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day :)
Beautiful vines

Some outdoor shots


This place hosts a happy hour on Thursdays and an ordered in brick-oven pizza dinner on Fridays with a live band.  I think that we will be returning :)  The vibe of the place is down-home sophistication.  They have an outdoor seating area where we enjoyed a glass of wine and caught up on life.
The gorgeous trellis  

Cheers!


We sampled reds, whites, roses, and fruity wines.  We each left with 2 bottles of wine, Give Peach a Chance (a Jersey peach based wine) and Blessington (a sweet fruity red).   The price point is about $12-$20 a bottle.

Before...
After...
In the barrel room…yes I wore a wine colored dress because I love a theme!  #dorkstatus


Anyway, after the tasting we headed home and got ready for Pilates.  Our usual Pilates teacher was absent and we had a sub.  Our sub is a yoga teacher and started our class with an intention--figure out what kind of person you are in relationships and make yourself better.  Another intention was not to be passive aggressive.  It was like the yoga spirits knew my exact thoughts and tailored this practice to me.  I love when that happens to me.  Has that ever happened to you?  You get smacked in the face with the answer to your problem…or at least a resolution?


The class was exactly what I needed.  I left the class with a more centered approach to life.  Yoga does that to me.  I don't practice as much as I should considering how amazing I feel afterwards.  Yoga juju>funk

Therapy 

Anyway…WHAT I ATE WEDNESDAY!


Pre-run breakfast cookie:




Breakfast was the usual:


1/2 C Oats
1 C almond milk
sprinkle of cinnamon
spoonful of Farmer's Market PB
blueberries
splash of vanilla



Lunch is a salmon salad with a side of broccoli.



Late snack:  plumcot (new fave summer fruit) and Mexican corn on the cob:

source


source



Dinner:  Season's 52 Barbecue Chicken Salad with my gym friends:

source


Plus a life's supply of water.  Probably 12 glasses of water.

Today I'm linking up with Jenn at Peas and Crayons for a little WIAW inspiration.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!  Say some ohms and take a deep breath and enjoy your day!

XOXO,

E





































No comments:

Post a Comment