Monday, June 24, 2013

Erin Kitley...Ghost Buster?!

      BOOOO!  Ever since I was a little girlie I have always been a firm believer in ghosts.  Never the scary mean ghosts, but the good ghosts who try to help you along.  When I was little  last year, I would sometimes watch a scary show right before bed and then live in fear that a ghost was in my bedroom.  So I would hide under the covers, peek out over the top of the sheets...and wait.  Wait for what?  I have no clue!  I would then close my eyes and wish the ghosts away.  So there I was, in the dark, trying to fight ghosts...with prayer!  Please let the ghosts go away!

      So fast forward to 20 year old Erin.  Ghosts still haunt me and keep me up at night.  However, these are not the kind that scary white sheet wearing ghosts, no boys who you date for a few months and then stop calling you.  These boys ghost!  Ghosting is a term that means someone just disappears.  They just stop calling you, or texting you, or emailing you.  This is the version of ghosts I now keep me up at night.

     Surprisingly, I have acquired a few ghosts in my dating adventures.  I have come up with a few ways to become a stellar ghost buster!  When I was 20 I fought with conventional ghost hunting wisdom:  I confronted the ghost and told him to leave.  This was awful ghost busting!  That philosophy may work on the white sheet wearing ghosts with black eye slits, but it doesn't work when ghost busting boys.  After that ghost busting debacle, I decided to make a ghost busting change.  I would do what I did when I was 5 and just pray that the ghost would go back into my closet with the other monsters.  So this time I decided to just ignore the ghost and pretend he is not here.  And guess what?!  It is working!!!!  I am much happier this time around without my ghost still haunting me!

     So sometimes I think you need to realize that the ghost may always be there, but you can either choose to believe in the ghost's presence or you can just NOT believe that the ghost is there.  Man Ghosts are just like the ghosts that haunted us at 5.  They are transparent, they are flimsy and they are not real.  They do not have enough substance to break up with you like a real man.  And I do not want to date any flimsy men.  No sir, no ma'am.  So, this is what I'm going to do.  I'm going to pretend the ghost never existed and so this is the plan right now.


xoxo,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment