Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

Hey People!

I'm baaaaack

source

I've been MIA because life as a new first year teacher is CAAARAAAAAZY!  I'll try to fill you in, but it's probably going to be a little too much.

I'll just start from this past weekend.

Memorial Day Weekend is one of my favorite holidays.  I love how patriotic it is.  I love how everyone stops for a minute to thank our armed forces men and women and to remember those who lost everything so we could have our freedom that we hold so dear to us.  

This past weekend I went down to Maryland to visit my friend Amanda.  It was fabulous!  Thank God I didn't hit too much traffic.  


2 Bags for 24 hours…only Jersey Girls

As soon as I arrived we did what we did best….SHOP!!

And sampled BBQ sauces at Williams and Sonoma...
Cracker Samples

Anything can be a sample if you try hard enough ;)
Ice cream toppings without ice cream?  Don't mind if we do :)
And BIG NEWS!  I'm going to be a bridesmaid in Amanda's wedding!  So excited!  I am so excited for her!
I can't wait to be a part of your Big Day!


Then, we did what we're second best at…
EATING!!

When in MD, you need to have a crab cake


…and Girls' Nites need strawberry margaritas

P.S. mayyyjahh kudos to Chad's for lining the rim with both salt and sugar.  Never would have thought of it but it was a great touch!  

Next we trained it home because we made...
Cookies  Cookie Dough Salad!
We bought chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate macadamia nut…then we cooked 1/4 and ended up eating 1/4 of the dough.  We then baked the rest on Sunday morning…and ate the rest of the dough…

We ended up staying up watching chick flicks (P.S. Safe Haven is fabulous!)  We both joked that in our 15 years of friendship sleep overs haven't changed at all.  We still participate in the biggies:

1.) Boys
2.) Food
3.) Chick Flicks

 It was so fun hanging out and just catching up and gossiping and being girls.  Much needed Girls' Weekend.

Sunday was pretty much the same…shopping…eating…talking

But this time…We found SAMPLES MECCA!  aka Whole Paycheck!!

Since my juicer BELLA has died, I've resorted to stopping at Whole Foods to pick up Greens With Envy…
P.S. I need my juicer because this habit is getting pricey...
Cheese smaples


More cheese samples :)

Salad samples

Pineapple samples

More cheese samps...

Fresh salsa and chips samps

More cheese samps









Strawberry cream cake samps
Lindt samps!!




 After free brunch aka Whole Foods Sample Fest 2015 we went shopping :)



We came across this little gem…Bath and Body Works
American Boardwalk candle.
What does the American Boardwalk smell like?  This candle was too kind.  This candle was summer n a jar.  The real boardwalk smells like cheap liquor, fries, ice cream, teenagers, sunscreen, and a little bit of vomit.

We then saw this group of dapper groomsmen standing by the train.


I love watching a good wedding.  The couple ended up doing their First Glance Photo here.  Such a cute moment.  Not sure if I like this new tradition.  I think I'd like a big church reveal.

Lunch was at Nando's.  It's a cute little African/Portuguese fusion chain place.  So delish!
Also, this is set right on the waterfront.  Gorgeous scenery and a perfect day to eat outside


I had mago lime Peri-Peri Chicken and Macho Peas!



End of the weekend picture :)



My Memorial Day Weekend 2015 was super good!  I hope you all have a great MDW and remember what this day is all about:  remembering our troops who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  

Thank you to everyone who has served, is serving, and will serve.  WE love you and are so grateful for your sacrifices.

Happy Monday!

-Erin

Also, who is watching The Bachelorette?  I like Ben Z. and that's pretty much it.  I'm not really feeling it this season.  Hopefully I will find some more that I like tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment