Monday, April 24, 2017

Springtime Snackage

Hi All,

Happy Tuesday!  How is everyone doing?  My week has been...interesting.  I have my new supercute Air Cast #tobeseensoonontherunwaysofmilanparislondonandnyc!  More on that to come!

Today we're talking about the deliciousness that is Springtime Snackage! I was inspired to put some fun ideas together by SkinnyPop, since one of my favorite snacks is popcorn!  I love it all!  Maybe it's my not so secret desire to be Olivia Pope, but I could eat that everyday/all day/any time!  One of my favorite things about popcorn is that it is so versatile.   Also, it's easy to carry around with me when I know I'm gonna be out all day!  I'm partial to a salty, sweet, crunchy person.  Here are a few of my favorite popcorn snacks!  Feel free to give them a try and let me know what you think!  Also, I'd love to hear some of your favorites!

**I use organic air popped popcorn**

1.) Popcorn and coconut oil!  I know coconut oil is super trendy right now, but trust me on this!
melt the coconut oil (as much as your taste dictates...I'm a 2 tsp coconut oil:1 bowl of popcorn kinda girl) and pour it on top of your popcorn.  To add a little extra fun, squeeze a tiny bit of lime on top!  It's like your on an island...not your couch!

2.) Popcorn and M&Ms! The classic!  This might be the best thing I learned in college!  There's no shame in my game, I ate this snack at LEAST 3 times a week.  The key is to put the M&Ms (I'm a more the merrier kinda girl when it comes to M&Ms) on right after the popcorn comes out of the microwave to ensure the M&Ms get all melty and gooey!  For an extra dash of savory, add a sprinkle of cinnamon!

3.) Popcorn and Cinnamon!  When I want something savory and fall like, I put cinnamon on top!  Easy peasy!

4.) Popcorn with Cocoa powder!  Similar to the Popcorn and Cinnamon scenario, I just sprinkle cacao or cocoa powder on top of my popcorn for a sweet, but calorie conscious snack!

5.) Popcorn and Sriracha!  So delicious!

6.)  Popcorn and Cholula!  Similar to the above popcorn, but a little spicier.

7.) The Holy Grail!  This is for one of those nights where you just know you're going full force on the snack attack bandwagon.  Like you are so far gone, and you just don't care!  Are you ready for this?  Are you sure?  Ok...

popcorn+melted peanut butter+melted chocolate chips+melted caramel+melted marshmallow!

Just go for it!  No need to measure :)


What are your favorite popcorn recipes??

xoxo,

e

No comments:

Post a Comment