Friday, June 27, 2014

A Little Summer Reading

Happy Friday!

I hope you had a bueno week!  I did.  The weekend is upon us my friends!  Last Saturday night was spent in Philly with Ra.  We had a fabulous Girls' Nite in the city.  The saddest part about graduation is that my friends are no longer right down the hall or right around the block. Sad Panda :(

Thank you Melting Pot for the 0 calorie fare ;





For all my teacher friends, Happy Summer!

source

I'm a happy snowwoman this week.  I've spent my days soaking up the sun and reading.  God how I have forgotten how much fun reading for pleasure can be.  This summer I have made a pesonal goal of reading one book a week.  Here are a few of my lay-by-the-pool-soon-to-be-reads.


source
This is my current read and it's fantastic!  It's about a man with Asperger Syndrome who sets out to find a wife using scientific methods.  It's also hilarious!  It's a quick read (32 pages in an hour what what!)

source
Emily Giffin and summer go together like peas and carrots.  You can't go wrong with Ms. Giffin's delightfully flawed characters.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one.  Can you say next week?  

source
This book is about the woman who coined the term A Diamond is Forever and four subsequent love stories.  Since I love all things wedding I think I will love this!

source
Because you have to and I like to read the book before I see the movie :)  Call me old fashioned <3

source
I loved The Devil Wears Prada (both the book and movie!  I went to Paris a week after I saw the movie and it was so exciting!)  and I was hoping there would be a sequel!  I've read some other LAuren Weisberger books and she's just a great author!  Her books are juicy and perfect for summer :)

source
See The Fault in Our Stars...I need to read the book before I see the movie.  Since I lerve Ben Affleck (I think he will be a great BATMAN!  Haters gonna hate--did you all forget that he played Rafe in Pearl Harbor?), I can't wait to read this and then see the movie!

source
Okay, you know I love the Kennedy family (I die for Jackie) and this tome (700+ pages) is the ultimate Kennedy book!  It tells you everything you need to know about everything and anything Kennedy.  I've been reading this book for a year and I've only gotten about 125 pages in.  It's not an easy read but it's good.  I don't think I'll be able to read this straight through.  I'll probably space it out between some fun stuff.

source
Good Lord I can't wait to read this!  Being of the romantically challenged breed, I think I'll be able to connect with Katie!  I just think this will be the funniest, best, most real book.  Plus, I love memoirs (because I'm nosy...probably the same reason I love blogs) so I think this will be a sure fire hit.

source
Ok, I'm a literature snob and only read the classics.  Didn't believe that did you?

I have a love/hate relationship with The Great Gatsby and I wanted to read more by F. Scott Fitzgerald.    On one hand I think Jay should have manned up and told Daisy how he felt when he had the chance.  Also, if a guy buys the house across the bay from you and throws lavish parties just in hopes of you catching his glowing green light...MOVE!  This man is a creeper.  It's not romantic, it's a felony.  

In all honesty this book does sound good and F. Scott Fitzgerald is a fabulous writer.  Plus it's rumored he wrote this at Princeton and we all know how I feel about Princeton!     




So these are going to be my summer reads!  What are you reading this summer?  Have you read anything that I should read?  I love recommendations!


xoxo,

E

P.S. If anyone is wondering, this blog is supporting Marquel Martin for Bachelor 2015.  The Bachelorette has gotten significantly less classy and hot since his untimely departure.











No comments:

Post a Comment