Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year and New Year's Resolutions/Hopes/Wishes

Happy Oxymoron Day!


I haven't blogged in forever because I've been crazy busy at work, but now it's a Christmas vacay kinda day.  I'm finally back and it feels fabulous!  I'll recap Christmas later, but right now is all about the New Year!


I don't know about you, but my New Year's Eves have never been super awesome.  Usually it's super low key (that's code for sweats, dips, and bubbly…plus chocolate of course :)) and we watch the ball drop.  I always try to make New Year's Resolutions.  I keep them--for the most part, so I always feel good about making them.

2014 was a pretty great year.  I graduated with my Master's from my beloved TCNJ, rode the emotional roller coaster that is looking for a teaching job, got hired at my dream job, went on two vacations, ran a half marathon and a 5k, and finally began to feel like this is what and where I'm supposed to be.  2015 is going to have to work really hard to beat it.

Here are my 2015 Goals:

-Go on 4 trips!  One is already booked (Cait I'll be in Chapel Hill in 7 weeks!), one is in the discussion stages (SPEDS NYE trip next year to some place warm and tropical!), one family trip to Bermuda, and one New Orleans trip!

-Run another half marathon.  Ok, I hated running miles 8-13, but I think it's like child birth, you forget the pain and want only the reward--in my case no child, just a brand new shiny medal!

-Run a 10k in D.C.  I love D.C. and want to run around all of the monuments and buildings

-Drink more green things-more green juices, more green tea, and more green smoothies!  I've been using the juicer on my break and I'm loving all of the extra energy I have.

-Go zip lining, banana boating, and parasailing!  On Family Vacation 2015, I'm going to do all of these things!  I went parasailing on our last cruise and I can't wait to go back!  It's so much fun and exciting to see the fish and dolphins!

-Considering getting my S.C.U.B.A. cert.  I kinda wanna go S.C.U.B.A. diving on my family trip and with my friends next winter.

-I want to keep all of my old friends and make some new ones.

-I want to become a better teacher, friend, daughter, and person.

-I want to be happier with myself and not be so hard on myself (This is a hard one, but I'm going to try)

-Yoga 4 times a week.  Even if my practice is only 20 minutes a day, I want to improve and feel more zen.  I'm in my head way too much and hopefully yoga will help :)

-Read a book a month.  In the summer this is super easy, but during the school year, it's really tough.  I'm going to try to read more.  I like to read before bed to help calm me down.

-Sleep 7 hours a night.  I tend to sleep about 6 hours now, but I want to increase the z's.

Now for my New Year's Predictions!  I usually hate predictions because if they don't come true I feel bad about myself.  But we're gonna give it a whirl!

-I predict I will fail whale one of these resolutions

-I predict I will have many a Girls' Nite!

-I predict I will fall in love with UNC when I visit in 7 weeks :)

-I predict I will PR on my half marathon

-I predict I will spend way too much money on shoes!

-I predict I will try my very very hardest to forget my Mr. Big (even if he's super hot and calls me randomly a la his name sake)

-I predict I will follow my pattern of starting to date someone in March of an odd year (fingers crossed it's Chris Evans)

-I predict I will jam out to a whole bunch of country concerts this summer!  I already have Tay Tay tix!




What are your New Year's Resolutions?  I hope you have a great rest of 2014 and an even better 2015!

xoxo,

E

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever worry that when years are great (like 2014) that the following year could be not as great? I do. There's a random confession for you.

    Spending too much on shoes. LOVE. Because I'm in that boat with you. Slash, I'm trying to simplify and be okay with not having so many THINGS but holy hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Amber! I'm really nervous because 2014 was amazing! I have been trying to simplify, too, but it's really hard! I like shopping, I LOVE shoes, and I like buying things! I'm trying…maybe a 2016 New Year's Resolution lol

      Delete