Thursday, August 23, 2012

To blog or not to blog...

I guess I should start my very first blog entry with the reason why I wanted to start a blog.  I am under no great delusion that I believe my life is super interesting or fascinating by any means.  I really just enjoy my life and I like to make people laugh.  Fortunately for me, my life is pretty entertaining.  I am truly blessed to have an amazing family, the world's best friends, a fantastic job that keeps me on my toes (literally because I am a dance teacher) and I am lucky enough to attend my dream school, TCNJ.  

I wanted to blog because I genuinely enjoy writing and sharing the adventures that my girlfriends and I find ourselves entangled in.  Some of it good, some of it bad, all of it hilarious.  Another reason that I decided to venture into the world of blogging is because writing is therapeutic for me.  This blog will consist mostly of my musings, travels, thoughts, and stories.  

Being new to the world of blogging I guess I will now share a little bit about myself.  My name is Erin and I'm a 21 year old senior at TCNJ.  

Things I love:
-God
-my family and friends (I consider them interchangeable)
-dance (I've been dancing since I was 2.5 and started working as a dance teacher 3 years ago)
I love all kinds of dance and have trained as a ballerina, tap dancer, jazz dancer, and lyrical dancer.
-Superhero movies...all of them...I've been to the Marvel Movie Marathon and I loved every minute of it
-FRIENDS, the tv show...i'm obsessed and frequently speak in quotes
-Sex and The City...no need to explain why I love watching single best friends talk about shoes and boys
-Sports...I love my Phillies/Sixers/Eagles/Flyers!!  I'm not really a huge hockey fan but if I was I'd be into the Flyers
-Philadelphia...My favorite city in the world.  You can't get better access to culture, sports, food, or history anywhere!  
-Travel...I love history and cultures and there is no better way to learn about them than fully emerging yourself!  I have been to France, Monaco, Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Thomas, and St. Lucia.  Domestically I have been to most major cities on the East Coast, Chicago, and most recently New Orleans!  I also hold a soft spot for Disney World and have been five times.  I'm also pretty psyched for my graduation gift next year...a trip to Nashville!
-Country Music...I was raised on country music and have a soft spot for all things country related!  My favorite country singer is Dolly Parton!  She is one of my favorite people of all time and whenever I'm having a bad day I listen to her songs.  My favorite Dolly song is Jolene.  I also love Taylor Swift, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, the Dixie Chicks, Josh Turner, Miranda Lambert, Reba, Rascal Flatts, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Lady A, Sugarland, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Rodney Atkins, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Jessica Andrews, and JoDee Messina...and the list could go on forever.  In NJ a lot of people think country music is not cool; however, I disagree because it is the truest representation of my life.  I love love love it all!  Country music has heart/soul/and emotion...something pop doesn't.
-Fashion...I've been obsessed with all things fashion since I was a little girl.  I am from NJ and therefore am no stranger to the mall.  Nothing makes me happier than when I can spend hours drooling over haute couture
-Magazines...I'm an USweekly, Glamour, Cosmo, (sometimes People when they have good covers) kinda girl.  I'm there every Friday buying my new USweekly without fail.  
-Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis...she is the epitome of glamour and fabulosity.  Whenever I have a serious dilemma I always repeat the mantra "What Would Jackie Do/Say/Wear?"
-Pinterest...It needs no explanation it just is God's answer to womankind
-Pink...my favorite color and lifestyle
-Legally Blonde...Elle is my inspiration.  I know that people often times roll their eyes when I say this but she's a great role model.  Her boyfriend dumps her and she goes on to achieve great personal success all while staying true to herself.  "If you're going to let one stupid prick ruin your life, you're not the girl I thought you were," is a great personal mantra!!
-Chocolate...a little a day keeps the blues away
-Walking...my favorite form of exercise.  I plug into Pandora and take 6 mile walks everyday.  They help me clear my head and have helped me sleep better.
-Coke/Pepsi with no ice...I learned this from one of my Mr. Feeny (she lives next door to me and taught me for 6 years) the ice will dilute the soda and therefore keep you from reaping all the caffeine benefits that I so desperately need.  I'm naturally high strung and a soda a day keeps me level and on track.
-German Shepherds...the best type of dog.  I want to adopt a SEAL dog when I become an actual grown up!! 
-Sun dresses...Best kept secret of girls!  Outfits featuring sundresses make people think you spent a great deal of time planning them, but in reality they take a hot second! SCORE
-Geno's Steaks...Best of Philadelphia.  I get fries because I don't eat red meat but the whole place is an experience!! If you haven't been I highly suggest you go!  Also, I think it's cool that you can get either Pepsi or Coke! (I know, but it's the little things in life that make me happy)
-Pigs...the best animals EVER and the reason I do not eat pork.
-Love stories/proposals on YOUTUBE/weddings/MOH or Best Man speeches...I just love every aspect of it!  It's so exciting and I am genuinely happy for people when they get married.  I never understood people who say they hate weddings.  What's not to love?  Food? Good! Music? Good! Dancing? Good! Cake? Yes Please! The Chicken Dance? Who DOESN'T love watching Gramma dance to that? No one! Getting dressed up? All these things are good!  But the best part is watching two people genuinely in love celebrating that.
-Applebee's Boneless Buffalo Wings
-Barefoot Reisling
-SmartWater
-Jennifer Aniston...the epitome of all that is good in the world
-Chick Flicks
-Pop Corn and M&Ms
-Cardancing/Carconcerts
-Movies!!
-Concerts!


I think that pretty much sums up everything I love to do/see/go/be/experience!!  This is a super long post I know, but I just like to talk!!

xoxo,

Er

No comments:

Post a Comment